|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
|Description||Sepia tone studio portrait of an older man with a graying beard and mustache. His hair is left parted and is also graying. He is wearing a three piece wool suite with wide lapels and which closes at the neck. Tie not visible but there is a white standup collar at the neck.|
|Number of images||1|
|Photographer||Ryder & Marceau|
|Title||Braun, George H.|
|Collection||Distilling - Braun, George H.|
Braun, George H.
1881 History of St. Clair County, p 193:
George H. Braun of St. Louis in 1860 purchased F.A. Reuss & Co. in south-east Belleville. Mill established in 1857; located on S. 8th St. & Abend
1877 Belleville City Street Directory: Braun, George H (F. A. Reuss & Co.)
Residence, St. Louis, MO
Advocate Newspaper 9/27/1849 - Braun & Roeder Distillery.
Advocate Newspaper 11/25/1892 - Lorenzo Braun erected distillery about 1840
Advocate Newspaper 11/19/1854 - George Bressler leaves distillery.
Advocate Newspaper 10/11/1854 - Brewery in N. Belleville constructed of stone and brick including corn cribs with capacity of 70,000 bushels; pens for 2000 pigs; stables and frame building. New brick house under construction; several additional buildings and lots. land totalling 50 acres and a coal mine several hundred yards from brewery. For Sale.
Times Newspaper 1/6/1855 - Braun Brothers - Formerly Braun, Bressler & Co. to be operated by George and Charles Braun.